PANDA AND SONS, QUEEN STREETPint of Lager - £4.20
A pub that looks absolutely nothing like a pub. If you were unaware of this place you would stroll past without a second glance, thinking it was a shut down barbers.That is exactly what makes it unique though, a staircase leading down to a revolving bookcase door and into a large modernised boozer. We were immediately greeted by a pretty maitre'd who ushered us into a back seat area.

An extensive drinks menu was then given to us, as well as glasses of water and a bowl of popcorn. I'm allergic to corn and literally one bite could kill me but the poor lass wasn't to know that. I normally settle for a pint of Tennent's in every pub but this was not on offer here so a Camden it was. Nice but pricey. But it was the impressive interior and quirky production design that really caught my eye. Hairdresser style seats are present, along with an old fashioned telephone booth and vinyl record player. Even the toilet walls were creatively designed with haircut styles. Always feel bad looking for negatives in places like this but there is absolutely no phone signal and no wi-fi as far as I was aware. Again though, this can work as a positive and encourage you to engage in conversation and take in the impressive surroundings.
P.S I will now be taking and uploading three photos with every review, just to give readers a wee bit more insight!
8.5/10
No comments:
Post a Comment