The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Saturday, 6 June 2015

A quest to find the perfect fish and chips - The Codfather

The Codfather, Sciennes
Price: £6 (Supper)

Prior to a Ryan's birthday night out we decided to visit a fish and chip shop. With the bold statement on the window that this served "Criminally good fish and chips", with the high rating on Google I was expecting great things. Unfortunately, it was not to be.




The inside of the shop is rather tired looking and could certainly do with a revamp.  Smoke kept billowing through from the Curry Kings next door. The staff were courteous but not overly banterful so this was a practical and to the point service. It took 5 minutes to prepare our meal so it was fairly fresh. There was some seating provided but it did not look a comfortable experience. We elected instead to sit and enjoy our meal in the Meadows.

My meal was beautifully stored in the rather nostalgic box.  I am not sure what vinegar they used on the food, but it was different and far nicer than any other vinegar I have tried. The real let down was the chips. They were mediocre and certainly nothing to write home about.  Bland, even with the nicest vinegar I have ever had. The fish was nice but again nothing worth mentioning.

If I could have used the vinegar from this on l'Alba Doros for a little drop of perfection!

On average:
5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment