The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Monday, 3 August 2015

Ryan's Pub Reviews - Cloisters Bar





CLOISTERS BAR, BROUGHAM STREET
Pint of Lager - £3.90
For those adventurous people keen on sampling craft beers and real ales, then this church styled pub in Tollcross just might be your perfect place. For others, like myself, who wish to indulge in a bit of banter and be entertained, not so much. With an open fire and wooden tables, Cloisters is a good place to meet and catch up with friends. However, there is not really a lot to it. No televisions, games machines or even music here and the atmosphere seemed a bit flat, albeit I did go on a Monday night. I normally always order a Tennents or Carling on my pub trails but none were present here so after sampling a few different tipples ( from the kind barman) I settled on a pint of West 4.9%. Decent but a bit too sweet. Still, its hard not to be impressed by the vast amounts of whiskys, wines and world beers on display. There were also advertisements for festival events whereby you can go in and try the different beers, something I may well visit if in the area. Again, its a place that will divide opinion and it really depends on what you are looking for. Not bad by any means however.
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment