THE MERMAID, LEITH WALK
You know a fish supper must be bad when you end up sharing half of it with a bunch of seagulls. Went for a walk in Leith last night and came across this place near the bottom. I was hungry and it was highly recommended so seemed like a perfect fit. Not so.
The fish was lying in the oven and was shoved straight in the box with the chips. I've waited up to 10 minutes for my food before but this felt like 10 seconds. Whatever I'd done, the staff wanted me out pronto. And what a dour trio they were, gormless and unsmiling, a million miles away from the excellent service at Eatalias, just further up the road.
And the food? The fish genuinely tasted like rubber and gave me a sore stomach. I gave most of it to the birds and actually felt sorry for them, the poor creatures deserve better. As for the chips, I reckon about a third of them were decent but the others were soggy and tasteless. Can safely say I will not be coming back here.
3/10

No comments:
Post a Comment