The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Thursday, 11 June 2015

Ryan's Pub Reviews - Fiddlers Arms

FIDDLERS ARMS, GRASSMARKET
Pint of Lager - £3.90

There is nothing quite like Edinburgh in the sunshine, particularly the Grassmarket and last night I thought I'd try the Fiddlers Arms, the one pub in the area that I'd never visited before. Billed as a 'Traditional Scottish pub', we spent a lot of it outdoors in the comfortable seating and lapping up the evening heat.

The lager was overpriced and not the best, somewhat of a dry taste and not the fresh, ice cold pint I'd been so desperately craving. The pub itself was pretty impressive with large windows at the front pulled open to allow the air in, quite a good idea on this glorious night. Pub grub was also on sale and served throughout. The inside was well catered for with tables and chairs on both sides of the well stocked, central bar and there was a nice touch of an 'Alcohol Analyzer' machine, the first of its kind that I'd ever seen. What let it down though was the restrooms.

A massive cracked mirror greeted me inside, with a decaying radiator and wet toilet paper scattered around the floor. This area is in desperate need of some repairs and is probably the worst toilets I've seen on the pub journey so far.

That, allied with the disappointing drink means I can only give this an average score.

6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment