The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Monday, 1 June 2015

A quest to find the perfect fish and chips - Eatalia's

Eatalia's, Leith Walk
Price: £7 (Supper)
Well what a vile night to be out and about.  This was the top rated fish and chips by the Evening News and it is easy to see why.  The whole experience was a joy.  Friendly staff, who had a bit of banter and seemed genuinely proud to work there.  A beautifully presented shop with a TV and seats for you to sit in and eat.  They had 3 awards on their wall, although one was a bit cracked.

This was the best presented meal I have had so far.  I had to take a photo of it before I had even tucked in.  The fish was the best fish I had ever had.  I swear there was a man out the back with a fishing rod!  My chips were a delight, some crispy and the rest were done to perfection.

Along with the crispy chips, can of Irn Bru this was a meal not to be forgotten in a hurry.  The staff were so proud of the North Sea fish, which they told me are delivered each day from the fishery in the north, they let me take a photograph.


The only downside was the price.  At £7, it was one of the most expensive chip shop so far but you definitely cannot beat the quality and it is well worth it!  My friends and I agreed that there would have to be a triple lock where all 3 of us gave a place 10/10.

            On average
            9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment