
There's an unwritten rule that you should never eat fish and chips on a Monday. Well that theory was well and truly blown out the water tonight with this exceptional meal. A fish so fresh, I genuinely thought it had been caught an hour previously, and chips cooked to perfection, crispy on the outside, soft inside. The staff at Eatalia's were the best I've met so far, extremely friendly and helpful from the moment we walked into the shop. And such a nice shop it is, well furnished and steeped in Italian colours, a television to watch while you wait for your food and a bar at the back to sit inside. Downsides? Feel like I'm being really picky but at 7 pound it was the most expensive fish supper I've had so far on the journey and not quite as good as Port Seton or Dunkeld. But, its still by far the best I've had in Edinburgh and cannot recommend it enough.
9/10
No comments:
Post a Comment