The Castle Rock Fish Bar, Grassmarket
I decided to rereview this after they have been refurbished, not that there was anything wrong with it before. I had heard good things about this place from Ryan so my expectations were high. I was quite disappointed.
The shop is well presented and very clean, providing a seating area for you to look out onto the Grassmarket. There was very little banter with the staff and they seemed straight and to the point. Although they were little rude when we were leaving. This was actually the fastest I have ever got a fish supper as it was presented instantly. I think it had been lying there a while.
My chips were quite nice, rating about 7. Crispy and a nice zingy vinegar. The fish though was a huge disappointment. It was fairly mediocre, with nothing to write home about. I had to force myself to finish it.
Ryan said that the staff that were there had not been there when he went so I think this place is a very much hit or miss. My other tasters said that the fish was delicious, although I was not convinced. I was relatively disappointed with the whole experience and won't be back.
On average:
6.5/10

No comments:
Post a Comment