The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Wednesday, 6 May 2015

A quest for the perfect fish and chips - l'alba Doro

l'alba Doro, Henderson Row
A sudden adventure to Stockbridge after my friend's date bailed.  We had a pleasant jaunt down from Princes Street.  The exterior of the shop is very well presented.
 The interior is also very well presented and the staff were very friendly.  They seemed very eager to impress, although this could be because we told them that we were doing chip shop reviews.
The chips were without a doubt the best chips I have had so far.  From what I understand the potatoes are the highest of quality.  My fish was also excellent, although Ryan did not enjoy his as much as I did.  From what I understand the food is not fried using traditional vegetable oil.  It is fried using rapeseed oil, which I think gives it a very different flavour.

At £6.90 for a supper, it is on the more expensive side but for the quality, the friendly staff and the fact you can sit in and eat, it is well worth the price.

On average :
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment