BARRACUDA, NORTHFIELD DRIVE
So in an attempt to make up for the horror show of the St Andrews takeaway on Sunday night, I thought I would visit this little chippy next to the Radical Road Pub. The shop is bright and colourful and has that 'fresh look' feel to it, backed up by an extensive menu where there is surely something for everyone.
The shop assistant was friendly and full of banter, enjoying a laugh at David as he tried to take pictures inside.
My fish was the biggest I had ever ordered, resembling more of a small shark and barely fitting inside the box. However, it was, for the most part delicious and incredibly filling, well worth the 5 minute or so wait. Yet again though, the chips were a big let down, not an ounce of crispiness about them, just soft, soggy and very unenjoyable. If they can sort out the chip malfunction, then this place has huge potential.
7/10

No comments:
Post a Comment