The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Monday, 18 May 2015

A quest to find the perfect fish and chips - Giovanni's

Giovanni's, Northfield Broadway
Price: £6.50 (Supper)
A professional looking shop in the east end of Edinburgh, not an area I am frequently in.  I was very impressed with the newly laid out shop with some high-quality screen showing the prices.  There were mixed reviews on Google and it was rated number 7 in Edinburgh Evening new's Chip Shop of the Year.  I was sorely disappointed with it.

The staff were quite courteous although understandably a little apprehensive about taking photographs in the shop .  It didn't take long for them to serve up, which I think is responsible for the poor quality of food, however it was served with a smile as opposed to last week!

The chips were quite soggy and I wouldn't rate them highly.  I think since the shop is newly opened after refurbishment, the oil needs to be cured for a while before becoming good so I will have to revisit in 6 months when it is more established.  The fish was quite nice.  Nothing to write home about but an improvement on the chips.  Ultimately though, I couldn't finish the meal as I was put off so much by the chips!

On average:
6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment