The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Monday, 26 October 2015

A quest to find the perfect Fish and Chips - Angelo's

Angelo's, Lochend Road
Price: £5.90 (Supper)
After last week with the highly contentious chip shop on Rose Steet, we went a bit of the beaten track and went to this place in Restalrig.  On the corner of a roundabout and with a competitor right next door, this place was a little bigger and less crowded.  On the door it says that they accept card so I was a little surprised to be told that they don't and would have to walk to the end of the road to get to the nearest cashline - a ten minute walk there and back.

When we returned they took 5 minutes to serve us some food but our time was filled pleasantly with some good banter from the lady behind the counter, who was on top form.

There was unfortunately nowhere to sit so we alighted to Penman's car. My food was served up in a paper tray so I expected it to be quite tasty.  To my dismay, I discovered that the fish was mainly batter and the little bits of fish that I did find were really dry.  The same could be said of the chips, some were crispy and some were dry.   There was no taste to the vinegar at all, leaving the result really salty and I had to practically down my can of Irn Bru afterwards to get rid of the thirst.

On average:
4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment