Montgomery Fish Bar - Montgomery StreetPrice: £6.70 (Supper)
After the disaster last week, we decided to try a place that we often walked past on the way to do other reviews. I was told on Google that this place had seating but unfortunately this seems to have been outdated information. This is a family run place by the look of Italian looking servers. Apparently it was also better "back in the day", although the reviewer did not note what day this was.
The shop did feel quite dingy and the staff gave us no chat at all. In fact when I was taking the photo (apologies for the quality), the woman glared at me such was the friendliness expressed here.
That being said, the food served up in polystyrene trays was actually not bad. It certainly wasn't as bad as the week before. My chips were quite chunky cut but other than that had no redeeming quality to them whatsoever. The fish was also mediocre although was not as fresh as I would have liked it to be (It had been lying there for a while I think).
All in all, this place was let down by unfriendly staff and mediocre food.
On average:
5/10
No comments:
Post a Comment