Jubilee, West GrantonPrice: £6.00 (Supper)
When we arrived at this place, there was only 2 fishes on display so we had to wait 20 minutes for them to make a fresh fish. They served the last two to Ryan and David, although with Ryan's the lady behind the counter accidentally covered the fish in brown sauce despite vinegar being asked for so she had to make a fresh one. There was a good amount of banter behind the counter while they were doing this and they offered to keep our meals warm while we waited.
Our meal was eventually served up in a polystyrene tray and they gave us a free bottle of Irn Bru for the mistake. We decided to eat in David's car, although fairly comfortable seating was provided, and shortly after exiting the shop, Ryan's freshly prepared fish almost ended up all over the pavement much to the amusement of the staff.
After all of these disasters, we finally tucked into our meal. My fish was an interesting mix between meaty and flaky. This actually worked in it's favour as it was different from some of the poorer ones that we have had in the last few weeks. Most of the chips were crispy which I quite liked, although a few were burnt. The entire meal I would describe as average despite all this.
If I had to choose a chip shop in West Granton I would happily choose Javit's over this one.
On average:
7/10
No comments:
Post a Comment