The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Monday, 28 September 2015

A quest to find the perfect Fish and Chips - Rapido

Rapido, Broughton Street
Price: £6.30 (Supper)
After a recommendation from a friend to visit this place, we decided to pay it a visit.  On this particular day I was suffering from a nasty cold so my taste buds were maybe a little off.

Not to be deterred, I was served by a pretty European girl who seemed determined to impress.  There were very comfortable seats that gave the place more of an Italian type theme.

The food was served up in a polystyrene tray and despite this was delicious.  My chips took me back to l'Alba Doros in taste and could easily rival these.   My fish was also delicious and was the best amount of flaky with a soft batter.

This place does not serve any deep fried sweets as they do not want to ruin their oil.

On the whole, if I was on a night out in this area or nearby on the hunt for a good meal I would visit here in preference for any of the other chip shops in the area.

On average:
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment