Pierinos, Bernard StreetPrice: £6.70 (Supper)
After a bit of a tour of Leith Walk, we arrived at this very basic shop. There was nothing remarkable in the presentation of the place and the staff were quite efficient, only engaging in some banter when we went back for our dessert. They told us that they would pretty much deep fry any chocolate including Mars bars, Bounties, Twixes, KitKats and even at Easter Creme Eggs. They will also do this on order as one customer had actually ordered 120 deep fried Mars Bars for some business event.
There was nowhere to sit, so we alighted across the road to the bus stop for our meal that was served in a cardboard box. I was quite disappointed with the fish as it was a little oily and rated it only 5/10. It was served after 3-4 minutes and I think could have been a little fresher. The chips were a lot better than last week and I quite enjoyed these. On balance they made most of the meal.
I would recommend this place for the sheer number of deep fried sweets they have on offer. I might have gone back on a Friday or Saturday in case they were having an off day.
On average:
6/10
No comments:
Post a Comment