The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Wednesday, 10 February 2016

A quest to find the perfect Fish and Chips - The Dolphin

The Dolphin, North Junction Street
 Price: £6.60 (Supper)
After a little discussion about what exactly makes up an adventure, we decided that to have an adventure you must either get the bus or walk to the place you are going to eat at.  With that decision we set off on the 30 minute walk from Waverly down to North Junction Street with many laughs along the way.

We eventually arrived at this very well decorated shop that had everything pristine.  There were very comfortable stools and a TV with a film on to watch while I ate.  My food took 10 minutes to prepare and they reacted with humour when I asked them to drown Ryan's in vinegar.  They served it all up in a cardboard box.

My fish was beautiful.  Not too oily and not too meaty.  I would say this was second only to Eatalias.  The vinegar was lovely and left you wanting more.  The chips reminded me very much of L'Alba Doras and I would happily demolish another box of them.

Now this was done on a slightly different day as it was a Wednesday, traditionally the day before the oil is changed though we didn't ask.

Altogether I would recommend this place to anyone passing through that way or at the Ocean Terminal.

On average:
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment