Leo Burdock, Temple Bar, DublinPrice: £7.60 (Supper)
After an eventful first night in Dublin, we set out for dinner and ended up at this fish and chip shop! The shop was very well decorated with 1970's style wooden panels and had a very large seating area. There was even a group of about 10 (Spanish?) students there for a birthday party. My food was served up by a rather banterful gentleman who due to his Irish charm was very funny.
An immediate choice was offered between fresh and smoked cod instead of haddock. I decided to stick for continuity and went for the fresh cod, although I was fortunate enough to sample the smoked cod which was one of the nicest I have tasted. The fresh cod was beer battered which meant that it was very very filling but thoroughly delicious. It had very little oil and was quite meaty. The vinegar covering it was very nice. My chips were quite heavy also, which was a bit of a let down.
If you are ever around the Temple Bar area, pop in here and get a smoked cod!
On average:
9/10
No comments:
Post a Comment