Salvatores, Marchmont
Price: £6.20 (Supper)
After a fairly enjoyable Christmas break, we set off into the unknown area of Marchmo
nt to have our first supper of the year on this stormy and blustery day - much like a Winnie the Poo adventure. This was a very nicely decorated little cafe/fish and chip shop in the centre of Marchmont.
We were served promptly and they took about 10 minutes to bring us our food on a plate, although I noticed they served their takeaway in a cardboard box. My fish was fairly bland but was nicely flaky. The chips were not that impressive either compared to some of the other places I have been. What really made this meal was the vinegar that was left at the table for you to put your own on.
Our meal was interrupted halfway through by two incidents with the staff. The elderly server decided that it was appropriate to discipline one staff member in the front shop and in front of the customers. Following this public humiliation, a customer asked if the server knew him as he had been away for a year or 2. The server abruptly declared he had no idea what he was talking about and let him go on his way. I learned all I needed to from this exchange.
Despite the poor staffing, the food was adequate, although if I was in the area I would go to the Marchmont Takeaway instead for some delicious Mackerel.
On average:
7/10

No comments:
Post a Comment