The Capital Adventures of David Inglis

A magical journey through Edinburgh and the Lothians

Sunday, 13 December 2015

A quest to find the perfect Fish and Chips - Timeout Hotel

Timeout Hotel - St Lawrence Gap, Barbados
Price: £9.05 ($27BBD)
As a little Christmas special I decided to do a little different post - our first fish and chip meal in Barbados.

After an 7:45 minute flight and 1 hour taxi drive from Edinburgh, we were rather hungry when we eventually arrived at our hotel.  We dumped our suitcases and headed straight to the bar.  They are very big on fish over here so my eye was immediately caught by the Catch of the Day.  I asked the barmaid what fish this was and her reply was "Dolphin" and immediately burst into tears of laughter at the look on the girls faces.  Just a note that Dolphin in Barbados is Mahi Mahi.

A huge amount of seats were on offer as the bar was practically empty aside from a few locals from the street.  It took a short time - 15 minutes or so for our food to be prepared.  My portion was huge with a beautiful looking fish (not battered) and a very large portion of sweet potato fries.  The fish was soft, delicate and it instantly melted in your mouth.  Having sweet potato fries was a little different but they were really delicious and I would definitely indulge again.

Overall I would recommend this meal to anyone.  It is a little pricey compared to the food here, however due to the quality and the fact I was sitting in, it is entirely understandable. No offence Flipper but you are delicious! 

I would like to take the chance to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Overall:
8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment