Stefanos, Morningside RoadPrice: £6.70 (Supper)
On this beautiful evening, I ventured forth on a walk from Princes Street to Morningside with constant cries of are we nearly there yet from Ryan. It only took a few short half hours for us to arrive.
The main attraction at this chip shop is it's pizzas with a few friends telling me that the pizzas are one of the best chip shop pizzas in Edinburgh and indeed if looks could kill this, surely would. Pizza boxes were the main feature of the display on top of the counter. The staff had some good chat and enquired how our food was before we left. They seemed to know all of the locals suggesting that this is one of the best chip shops in the area.
My food was cooked fresh, in a cardboard box, so there was a 10 minute wait, allowing me to check out the meal deals that were on offer. I have to say that the food was worth the wait. My fish was delicious, slightly flakey and not oily at all. Prior to serving, the staff had a little look through the chips to remove the bad ones so I didn't have to throw them away, making sure I was satisfied by every chip. The vinegar was beautiful. It had a slight twang to it but this added to the flavour.
I will be back to this chip shop at the earliest opportunity to try the pizzas!
Overall:
9/10
No comments:
Post a Comment